- HERE’S WHAT TO TRY FROM CHARLOTTE TILBURY - 28th July 2020
- BEAUTY FOR MASK WEARERS WITH CELEBRITY MUA, CHYNARA - 24th July 2020
- THE BEST WHITE PLATFORM SNEAKERS TO BUY - 23rd July 2020
There are trends set at Fashion Week and then there are ones made on Instagram. This season sees an influx of must-have accessories that upgrade any casual, norm-core outfit to that It-girl look. Acrylic everything is in right now, while previous favourites like round Bali bags make a strong return. Then there’s Staud and Cult Gaia who have been dominating our feeds for the last two years with their lust-worthy sell out pieces, but trust the Instagrammers to find and style alternative labels with more accessible price points. Find out which are the hottest accessories on Instagram this summer!
Acrylic earrings and bags
The key is to go for the designs that mimic natural stone because it’s all about textures and lines found in nature. How to wear these pieces? For an elevated look, keep it clean with minimal layering and let sharp silhouettes or exaggerated sleeves complement your accessories. Alternatively swap them with your everyday hoops and wear with a white shirt and jeans for a new kind of classic.
1. Lele Sadoughi Paper Lily earrings £150 | 2. Cult Gaia acrylic ark in multi $298 |3. White Marble acrylic clutch via Etsy £41.33 | 4. 8 Other Reasons Hendrix hoop earrings £18.87 | 5. The Ordinary Co Falkner hoops £7.64
Celine’s plastic bag might have caused arm hairs to rise and palms to sweat at Fashion Week but Instagram’s interpretation of the see-through trend is manifesting in a myriad of ways. Everyday renditions include beaded grandma bags (who knew they’d reemerge), see-through clutches and outwear.
1. Mango beaded see-through bag £39.99 | 2. Shopgirl transparent tortoiseshell bag $69 available for pre-order | 3. Staud Shirley bag clear $210 (available for pre-order) | 4. Topshop clear vinyl raincoat £69 (similar here in pink and in blue)
Since 2016 Jane Birkin basket bags have been giving millennials those innocent country girl vibes. Two years later, they are still appearing on the arms of your favourite Instagrammers. And you guessed it, round rattan ‘Bali’ bags are too, so if you didn’t pick one up last year they’re worth grabbing it now. You’ll get plenty of use on city getaways or if you’re one of the lucky ones, a week in a tropical paradise. Plus they look great in a flatlay alongside a coffee. Make the trend yours and experiment with other kinds of accessories in natural materials like wood or straw.
1. Sensi Studio feather trimmed Toquilla straw hat £100 | 2. Rebecca De Ravenel three drop wood and glass clip-on earrings £248 | 3. Bikind Ata Balinese rattan bag flower motif £46.00 | 4.Topshop floral tote bag £28 | 5.Cult Gaia Luna bag £224 | St Agni Henni leather and rattan slides £125 | 6. The Wicker Girls Rhea circle bag £36 (on back order)
Gold, Roman coins and pieces inspired by religious icons are latest must-haves in accessorising. I’ve been in adoration of this trend for a long time and found that the best way to layer up your jewellery is to start with a choker-length necklace and taper it all the way down. Three to five is the magic number, any more than that and it starts to look a little less urban gypsy a lot more pawnshop-on-a-neck. It’s also worth splashing out on this look because individual pieces are classic and should be worn throughout the year.
1. Missoma gold mini fang necklace £105 | 2. Joolz by Martha Calvo Palm Springs necklace £111.78 | 3. Tutti & Co Tema necklace £49 | 4. Mango metal piece necklace £15.99 | 5. EIGHT by Gjenmi jewelery x Revolve prayer miracle necklace set £108.88