- WHAT TO BUY AND WEAR NOW: NET-A-PORTER 50% OFF SALE - 23rd November 2020
- HOW TO SHOP SALES SUSTAINABLY - 30th October 2020
- WHICH NEW MASCARA LAUNCH IS RIGHT FOR YOU? - 22nd October 2020
1. Find the most grandma thing you own
2. Find a classic material
I found these shorts in H&M, so while they’re most likely not a luxurious material, it has a tweed-like texture. That little bit of formalness adds to the juxtaposition. It also makes clothing a lot more wearable and versatile. Here, I’ve matched it with a complimentary, tweed-inspired Zara jacket to keep it looking smart.
3. Keep your accessories simple
Neon speaks for itself, so as far as accessorising goes, don’t go for anything that fights for attention. I stayed true to my preaching and went for a classic, small Louis Vuitton clutch and nude square glasses for an extra retro look. Neon is meant to be fun and the boldest colour statement. Your favourite accessories is one way to feel comfortable wearing an unfamiliar hue. I really enjoyed putting this look together (not so much walking in the massive heels) but the experimental aspect.